Loan Quality Control Supervisor
Location: Kingsport TN-Operations Center
Position: Full Time
General Job Summary:
This position requires in-depth knowledge of departmental operations, ability to manage, train and motivate employees, and a working knowledge of processes and procedures including compliance requirements. Verify and ensure that commercial, mortgage and consumer loans are properly documented and are in compliance with applicable laws, regulations and Bank Loan Policy. This position requires the flexibility to work before and after normal business hours as necessary to meet deadlines and the needs of the Bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates written procedures for department
- As Supervisor, trains, guides and directs department staff, ensuring appropriate training needs are met and providing assistance and support as needed. Develop procedures as needed and overall coordination of department workflow.
- Maintains knowledge of commercial, commercial real estate, mortgage and consumer loan documentation requirements.
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of the Bank’s Loan Policy and Credit Procedures and performs all responsibilities according to these guidelines.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA) and audits loan information entered into the Bank’s HMDA Loan Application Register.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of the Community Reinvestment Act (CRA) and audits loan information entered into the Bank’s CRA Loan Application Register.
- Responds to inquiries from internal customers, answers questions, explains policy/ procedures, resolves discrepancies, and handles complex problems.
- Achieves staff results by communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, and appraising job results, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees, policies, procedures, and productivity standards.
- Establish and monitor performance and production goals for the department. Supervise staffing to ensure optimal performance and production in meeting departmental goals.
- Assists in the preparation of responses for examiners, auditors, or external/internal audit and make corrections as necessary.
- Perform loan documentation review to ensure compliance with Bank’s policies and procedures and accurately enter exception notes on tracking system.
- Ensures accuracy of updated interest rates on Horizon and ComplianceOne.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, management, communication (both written and oral), analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to supervise, train and monitor performance of staff.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Self- motivated individual who is detail oriented and able to multi-task.
- Professional demeanor
- Ability to deliver a high level of responsiveness to internal customers.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Excellent decision-making, analytical, and mathematical ability.
- Thorough knowledge of loan documentation and of the laws and regulations that apply to loans and loan documentation.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Five or more years related experience and/or training required
- Prefer three or more years of supervisory experience