Loan Quality Control Specialist
Location: Kingsport TN-Operations Center
Position: Full Time
General Job Summary:
This position is responsible for basic to complex post-closing review of consumer, commercial, real estate and mortgage documentation and quality control review of loan coding to ensure accurate database coding for various internal and external reports. Ensure loan file integrity and demonstrate a thorough knowledge of bank policies and procedures. This position requires the flexibility to work before or after normal business hours as necessary to meet deadlines and the needs of the Bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all loans, extensions, modifications and renewals are documented adhering to BOT policies and procedures and regulatory requirements
- Perform post-closing review of attorney prepared loan packages to ensure no material changes have been made without proper credit approval
- Ensure that documentation errors, unapproved deviations from BOT policy and procedures, and follow up documents are accurately entered on the tracking system
- Review of perfected collateral documents to verify accuracy and compliance with bank policy
- Confirm loan coding in Horizon is accurate based on the documentation provided in the loan file
- Responsible for maintaining a thorough knowledge of all BOT procedures, regulations, internal policies and all lending regulations
- Communicate and provide guidance to Relationship Manager’s and staff on various loan topics
- Assist with problem resolution and questions as needed
- Assist with loan document file research when necessary
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial, consumer and mortgage loan documentation, policies, procedures and operations with specialized knowledge of related regulatory and compliance mandates and issues.
- Ability to understand and apply regulatory compliance and BOT credit policy to daily responsibilities.
- Experience analyzing legal documents and determining a course of action based on findings.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting principals.
- Ability to evaluate, analyze and quantify the impact of the issues involved.
- Ability to meet individual deadlines while maintaining a high level of accuracy in a high volume, fast paced and multi-task environment.
- Time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize multiple tasks, manage priorities and provide timely status updates.
- Ability to use own discretion when faced with routine decisions and appropriately escalate issues requiring a higher level of decision making or problem solving.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively collaborate and communicate with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to establish and foster critical internal working relationships.
- Proficiency with internal systems such as Horizon, Encompass, Word, Excel, TREEV, JET
- Ability to maintain customer confidentiality to include confidential customer and employee information
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Two years experience with knowledge of current lending regulations and documentation highly preferred