Convenient banking from your own phone.
Mobile Banking is here!
- See available balances or review recent transactions– Checking or Savings
- Transfer funds between Bank of Tennessee accounts
- Set account alerts to inform you of account activity – anywhere you go
- Locate a Bank of Tennessee ATM or branch
Accessing Mobile Banking
- Mobile Text*: Text banking gives you access to your accounts via text (SMS) messages on your phone. It's a fast, easy way to look up account balances or recent account history by sending a text command to a shortcode. Your cell phone plan must include texting for this option.
- Mobile Web*: Mobile banking gives you access to your accounts from your mobile web browser. Our mobile banking application can be downloaded on many devices for easier access. You’ll need a phone and cell phone plan that provides internet access for this option.
It's Easy to Enroll
- At a computer, log into Online Banking
- Have your cell phone accessible
- Select Mobile Banking from the Account Summary Box on the left side of your screen
- Follow the instructions
How Secure is Mobile Banking?
- No account data is stored on your phone.
- Lose your phone? Mobile Banking can be unenrolled by logging into Online Banking or calling our Customer Care Center.
- No one can transfer funds from your account to theirs using Mobile Banking. The only actions allowed on your phone are with your accounts with Bank of Tennessee. Transfers can only be made between accounts on the list you set up.
- Using text, you save the phone number in your address book under a name that you choose. To enhance security and privacy, avoid saving it under a common name such as "Bank" or "Bank of Tennessee". Choose a generic word to list in your contacts that would have meaning to you.
- Using the web on a smart phone, your online banking login credentials are required in order to access the information. Mobile Banking is as safe as Online Banking.
*Mobile device must have text or data connection plan. Depending on your type of cell phone plan, message and data rates from your cell phone provider may be incurred.